(Iowa Code Section 331.604, 3(a))
What Personal Information About Customers Does the Iowa Land Records E-Submission Service Gather?
The information we learn from customers helps us personalize and continually improve services. Here are the types of information we gather.
- Information You Give Us: We receive and store any information you enter on our Web site or give us in any other way. You can choose not to provide certain information, but then you might not be able to take advantage of many of our features. We use the information that you provide for such purposes as responding to your requests, customizing future services for you, and communicating with you.
- Automatic Information: We receive and store certain types of information whenever you interact with us. For example, like many Web sites, we use “cookies,” and we obtain certain types of information when your Web browser accesses the Iowa Land Records E-Submission Service.
- E-mail Communications: To help us make e-mails more useful and interesting, we may receive a confirmation when you open e-mail from the Iowa Land Records E-Submission Service if your computer supports such capabilities.
- Information from Other Sources: We might receive information about you from other sources and add it to our account information. Does Iowa Land Records Share the Information It Receives? Information about our customers is important to us, and we are not in the business of selling it to others. We share customer information only as described below.
- Agents: We employ other companies and individuals to perform functions on our behalf. Examples include fulfilling orders, delivering packages, sending postal mail and e-mail, removing repetitive information from customer lists, analyzing data, processing credit card payments, and providing customer service. They have access to personal information needed to perform their functions, but may not use it for other purposes.
- With Your Consent: Other than as set out above, you will receive notice when information about you might go to third parties, and you will have an opportunity to choose not to share the information.
How Secure Is Information About Me?
We work to protect the security of your information during transmission by using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) software, which encrypts information you input. We reveal only the last four digits of your credit card numbers when confirming account activity. Of course, we transmit the entire credit card number to the appropriate credit card company during order processing. It is important for you to protect against unauthorized access to your password and to your computer. Be sure to sign off when finished using a shared computer.
Which Information Can I Access?
The Iowa Land Records E-Submission Service gives you access to a broad range of information about your account and your interactions with the Iowa Land Records E-Submission Service for the limited purpose of viewing and, in certain cases, updating that information.
What Choices Do I Have?
- Information You Give Us: You provide most such information when you register, set up a payment account, or communicate with customer service. For example, you provide information when you communicate with us by phone or e-mail, or when you complete a questionnaire. As a result of those actions, you might supply us with such information as your name, address, and phone numbers; credit card information; e-mail addresses; and financial information.
- Information from Other Sources: Examples of information we receive from other sources include updated delivery and address information from our carriers or other third parties, which we use to correct our records; account information, purchase information, and credit history information from credit bureaus, which we use to help prevent and detect fraud and to offer certain credit or financial services to some customers.
- Information You Can Access: Examples of information you can access easily at the Iowa Land Records E-Submission Service include up-to-date information regarding recent account activity; and personally identifiable information (including name, e-mail, password; payment settings (including credit card information and account balances).