(Iowa Code Section 331.604, 3(a))
What Personal Information About Registered Users and Customers Does Iowa Land Records Gather?
The information we learn from customers helps us personalize and continually improve your experience at Iowa Land Records. Here are the types of information we gather.
- Automatic Information: We receive and store certain types of information whenever you interact with us. For example, like many Web sites, we use “cookies,” and we obtain certain types of information when your Web browser accesses Iowa Land Records.
- E-mail Communications: To help us make e-mails more useful and interesting, we often receive a confirmation when you open e-mail from Iowa Land Records if your computer supports such capabilities.
- Information from Other Sources: We might receive information about you from other sources and add it to our account information. Examples of information we receive from other sources include updated delivery and address information from our carriers or other third parties which we use to correct our records, or credit history information from credit bureaus, which we may use to help prevent and detect fraud.
Does Iowa Land Records Share the Information It Receives?
Information about our registered users and customers is important to us, and we are not in the business of selling it to others. We share customer information only as described below.
- Agents: We employ other companies, organizations and individuals to perform functions on our behalf. Examples include fulfilling orders, delivering packages, sending postal mail and e-mail, removing repetitive information from customer lists, analyzing data, processing credit/debit card payments, and providing customer service. They have access to customer and user information needed to perform their functions, but may not use it for other purposes.
- With Your Consent: Other than as set out above, you will receive notice when information about you might go to third parties, and you will have an opportunity to choose not to share the information. How Secure Is Information About Me? We work to protect the security of your information. It is important for you to protect against unauthorized access to your password and to your computer. Be sure to sign off when finished using a shared computer.
Which Information Can I Access?
Iowa Land Records gives you access to a range of information about your account and your interactions with Iowa Land Records for the limited purpose of viewing and, in certain cases, updating that information.
What choices do I have?